- Professor of Bioinformatics
- Brain Institute
Av. Nascimento de Castro
2155 - 59056-450 - Natal / RN - Brazil
- Sao Paulo
- 84 3215-2709
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Computational Biology
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Walter Gilbert, Ph.D.
My group is particularly interested in genomics and bioinformatics. In the last few years, we have capitalized on the availability of next-generation sequencing technologies to address issues related to cancer genomics and molecular evolution. One particular field of interest is the surfaceome, a term coined by us to describe the collection of genes coding for cell surface proteins. We have provided the first catalog of the human surfaceome and have identified several new targets for diagnosis and therapy in a variety of human tumors.
1995 Search Pew Fellows
- Victor Manuel Baizabal Aguirre, D.Sc.
- Rosa Laura Camarena Mejia, Ph.D.
- Sandro Jose de Souza, Ph.D.
- María Beatriz Espinosa, Ph.D.
- Patricia Alejandra Fontan, Ph.D.
- Diego Fraidenraich, Ph.D.
- Roberto A. Gaxiola Ariza, Ph.D.
- Katia Calp Gondim, Ph.D.
- Luiz Ricardo Orsini Tosi, Ph.D.
- Christine M. Pedroarena, M.D.
- Diego Enrique Rincon-Limas, Ph.D.