- Associate Professor
- Department of Biochemistry
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Av. Bauhinia, 400 - CCS - Bloc. H, 2 andar, sl 31
Ilha do Fundao
- Rio de Janeiro
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Biochemistry; Cell Biology
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Michael A. Wells, Ph.D.
My group studies different aspects of lipid metabolism in the blood-sucking insect Rhodnius prolixus, a vector of Chagas disease. We are interested in describing how lipids from blood meal are metabolized, the pathways that are involved in this process, and how they are regulated. We also study proteins that bind and transport lipids, both inside cells, and in the hemolymph, between organs.
1995 Search Pew Fellows
- Victor Manuel Baizabal Aguirre, D.Sc.
- Rosa Laura Camarena Mejia, Ph.D.
- Sandro Jose de Souza, Ph.D.
- María Beatriz Espinosa, Ph.D.
- Patricia Alejandra Fontan, Ph.D.
- Diego Fraidenraich, Ph.D.
- Roberto A. Gaxiola Ariza, Ph.D.
- Katia Calp Gondim, Ph.D.
- Luiz Ricardo Orsini Tosi, Ph.D.
- Christine M. Pedroarena, M.D.
- Diego Enrique Rincon-Limas, Ph.D.