- Assistant Professor
- Department of Neurology
- University of Florida
L3-100 McKnight Brain Institute
1149 South Newell Drive, Rm L3-100
- City, State, ZIP
- Gainesville, FL 32610
- United States
- (352) 273-9689
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Juan Botas, Ph.D.
Neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer�s disease, microsatellite expansion disorders and prion diseases, are some of the most dreaded conditions in our society and constitute one of the major challenges of modern medicine. This is because the mechanisms involved in their pathologies are poorly understood and because there are no effective therapies to avoid their fatal outcome. My laboratory focuses on the development and application of new technologies to define the molecular pathways leading to neurodegeneration and to identify potential therapeutic targets. To do so, we are taking a multidisciplinary approach combining Drosophila genetics, neuroscience, molecular biology, biochemistry, proteomics, optogenetics and systems biology.
1995 Search Pew Fellows
- Victor Manuel Baizabal Aguirre, D.Sc.
- Rosa Laura Camarena Mejia, Ph.D.
- Sandro Jose de Souza, Ph.D.
- María Beatriz Espinosa, Ph.D.
- Patricia Alejandra Fontan, Ph.D.
- Diego Fraidenraich, Ph.D.
- Roberto A. Gaxiola Ariza, Ph.D.
- Katia Calp Gondim, Ph.D.
- Luiz Ricardo Orsini Tosi, Ph.D.
- Christine M. Pedroarena, M.D.
- Diego Enrique Rincon-Limas, Ph.D.