- Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Cd. Universitaria. Circuito Escolar.
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Cell Biology
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Jeffery Stock, Ph.D.
We are studying the molecular mechanisms that control the motility in bacteria. Our model system is Rhodobacter sphaeroides which is a monoflagellated microorganism with a chemotactic system based on metabolism. Our main interest is in the control of the expression of the flagellar genes and the interaction of this system with global regulatory signals. We are also interested in the regulation of nitrogen metabolism in Escherichia coli.
1995 Search Pew Fellows
- Victor Manuel Baizabal Aguirre, D.Sc.
- Rosa Laura Camarena Mejia, Ph.D.
- Sandro Jose de Souza, Ph.D.
- María Beatriz Espinosa, Ph.D.
- Patricia Alejandra Fontan, Ph.D.
- Diego Fraidenraich, Ph.D.
- Roberto A. Gaxiola Ariza, Ph.D.
- Katia Calp Gondim, Ph.D.
- Luiz Ricardo Orsini Tosi, Ph.D.
- Christine M. Pedroarena, M.D.
- Diego Enrique Rincon-Limas, Ph.D.