- Chief and Investigator
- Department of Developmental Genetics & Molecular Physiology
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
Av Universidad 2001
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Developmental Biology
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Fotis Kafatos, Ph.D.
The interests of my laboratory are the regulation of gene expression, epigenetics, and the maintenance of a stable genome during development. The three principal studies of the lab are 1) Understanding the molecular genetics of the transcription and repair machinery in Drosophila melanogaster as a model to study human disease (in particular TFIIH). 2) Characterization of new Trithorax genes that interact with the Brahma complex in Drosophila. 3) Genetic mechanisms and epigenetic mechanisms that intervene with maintaining genome stability and integrate and their role in cancer.
1992 Search Pew Fellows
- Ismael D. Bianco, Ph.D.
- Daniel J. Calvo, Ph.D.
- Ana Maria Cardenas Diaz, Ph.D.
- Miriam Echevarria Irusta, Ph.D
- Sergio T. Ferreira, Ph.D.
- Beatriz S. González-Flecha, Ph.D.
- Gabriel Gutierrez Ospina, M.D., Ph.D.
- Patricia Leon Mejia, Ph.D.
- Roberto Montes de Oca Luna, Ph.D.
- Claudia Tomes, Ph.D.
- Ivo Pontes Torres Filho, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mario E. Zurita, Ph.D.