- Department of Cellular Biology and Physiology
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
Circuito Escolar Externo s/n
- City, ZIP
- Mexico City, 4510
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Neuroscience; Developmental Biology
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Dale Purves, Ph.D.
My current research is embraced by the fields of Neurobiolgy, Reproductive Biology, Ecophysiology, Aging and Nutrigenomics. In Neurobiology, my group is integrating a multi-level model of body and brain plasticity in the blind. In Reprodutive Biology, we are interested in establishing the neuroendocrine mechansims underlying prudent sperm allocation. In Ecophysiology, we are carrying out a collaborative effort aimed at unraveling the neurobiology behind magnetoperception in marine turtles. In aging, my group is pursuing the mechanisms by which aging-related events decrease the differentiation potential of stem cells. Finally, regarding nutrigenomics, we are quite interested in understanding the epigenetic effects of nutrients and their role as informational molecules.
1992 Search Pew Fellows
- Ismael D. Bianco, Ph.D.
- Daniel J. Calvo, Ph.D.
- Ana Maria Cardenas Diaz, Ph.D.
- Miriam Echevarria Irusta, Ph.D
- Sergio T. Ferreira, Ph.D.
- Beatriz S. González-Flecha, Ph.D.
- Gabriel Gutierrez Ospina, M.D., Ph.D.
- Patricia Leon Mejia, Ph.D.
- Roberto Montes de Oca Luna, Ph.D.
- Claudia Tomes, Ph.D.
- Ivo Pontes Torres Filho, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mario E. Zurita, Ph.D.