- Center for Excellence in Products and Processes
- National University of La Rioja
Pabellon CEPROCOR - Complejo Hospitalario Santa Maria
Santa Maria de Punilla - CP 5164
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Edward A. Dennis, Ph.D.
We are interested in the use of biopolymers for the development of new pharmaceutical, veterinary and food products. Our work is focused in:-Characterization of the interactions among positively charged biopolymers with lipid and protein complexes, model membranes and cells;-Studies on the interactions between a cationic amphipathic acrylic polymer with DNA, protein and lipid complexes and viruses;-Studies on the effects of cationic polymers in the mucosal immune system to explore the potential uses of these polymers to treat intestinal injury and autoimmune diseases;-Development of new controlled-release systems for steroid (progesterone) and peptidic (FSH) hormones for the control of the estrous cycle in livestock;-Design of tissue-bulking biocompatible hydrogels for the treatment of vesicoureteral reflux and urinary incontinence;-Protein and hydrotropic nanoparticles for the aqueous delivery of hydrophobic drugs.
1992 Search Pew Fellows
- Ismael D. Bianco, Ph.D.
- Daniel J. Calvo, Ph.D.
- Ana Maria Cardenas Diaz, Ph.D.
- Miriam Echevarria Irusta, Ph.D
- Sergio T. Ferreira, Ph.D.
- Beatriz S. González-Flecha, Ph.D.
- Gabriel Gutierrez Ospina, M.D., Ph.D.
- Patricia Leon Mejia, Ph.D.
- Roberto Montes de Oca Luna, Ph.D.
- Claudia Tomes, Ph.D.
- Ivo Pontes Torres Filho, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mario E. Zurita, Ph.D.