Congressional Policy Brief Series
Developed by Pew Center on Global Climate Change staff with input from a variety of outside experts, these briefs walk policy makers through important design choices and the strengths and weaknesses of various policy approaches.
The series includes briefs on the following topics:
Cap-and-Trade Design Elements for a Greenhouse Gas Reduction Program
- Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Timetables
- Scope of a Greenhouse Gas Cap-and-Trade Program
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Allowance Allocation
- Containing the Costs of Climate Policy
- Greenhouse Gas Offsets in a Domestic Cap-and-Trade Program
- Addressing Competitiveness in U.S. Climate Change Policy
Complementary Policies to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Technology Policies to Address Climate Change
- Addressing Emissions From Coal Use in Power Generation
- Policies to Reduce Emissions from the Transportation Sector
- Tax Policies to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
View the Congressional Policy Briefs.
Pew is no longer active in this line of work, but for more information, visit the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions site.