Pew’s experts work with states at their invitation. Pew advises lawmakers, agency and legislative staff, and economic development officials to advance policies that make tax incentive programs effective, accountable, and fiscally sound. Our technical assistance to states addresses challenges such as:
- Defining clear goals for each tax incentive program.
- Estimating and controlling incentive costs.
- Measuring incentives’ economic impact.
- Establishing a strategic schedule to evaluate all incentives regularly.
- Ensuring that evaluation results are considered in policy and budget deliberations.
- Obtaining critical data needed for meaningful evaluations
We welcome the opportunity to discuss how Pew’s project may assist your state. Please send your inquiry to Catherine An at email@example.com.