Innovation in Resilience
2017 Annual Forum
The Pew Charitable Trusts and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will co-host the Resilient Nation Partnership Network’s 2017 Annual Forum on Nov. 8. A panel of experts from a variety of industries and organizations will discuss recovery and rebuilding efforts after Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria.
Roy Wright, FEMA’s deputy associate administrator for insurance and mitigation, and Dawn Zimmer, mayor of Hoboken, New Jersey, will provide the opening and closing remarks, respectively. Panel sessions will focus on creating disaster-resilient communities and nature-based solutions to address sea level rise and flooding. The forum also will include interactive breakout sessions on flood risk from the Marian Koshland Science Museum and the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton Risk Management and Decision Processes Center.
The event will feature:
- Roy Wright, deputy associate administrator for insurance and mitigation, FEMA
- Dawn Zimmer, mayor, Hoboken, New Jersey
- Laura Lightbody, project director, flood-prepared communities initiative, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Nick Shufro, assistant administrator, Risk Management Directorate, FEMA
- Angela Gladwell, deputy assistant administrator, Risk Management Directorate, FEMA
- Eric Letvin, deputy associate administrator, Mitigation Directorate, FEMA
- Claudia Murphy, director, Policyholder Services Division, FEMA
- Brett Jenks, CEO, Rare, a global conservation organization
- Dan Rizza, manager for external relations and business development, Climate Central
- Anthony Veerkamp, director of programs, Preservation Green Lab, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Sarah Murdock, director, U.S. climate resilience and water policy, The Nature Conservancy
- Hank Hodde, planning and policy manager, Smart Home America
- Margaret Kohring, Midwest regional director of conservation services, The Conservation Fund
- Chrissy Caggiano, senior mitigation strategist, Resilience Action Partners
The Pew Charitable Trusts makes every effort to comply with federal, state, and local government ethics rules, including when hosting events. Please make sure that your participation is consistent with applicable ethics rules.
Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM