- Department of Physiology, Biophysics & Neuroscience
- Center for Research and Advanced Studies (CINVESTAV)
Av. I.P.N. No. 2508
Col. San Pedro Zacatenco
- Mexico City
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Gail Mandel, Ph.D.
The main theme of my research is to understand the regulation of sodium channel expression in neurons of the peripheral nervous system. Specifically, we are 1) Characterizing the transcriptional promoters of Nax sodium channels from human and mouse. 2) Searching for the transcriptional regulators (enhancers) required for neuronal expression. 3) Exploring the molecular evolution of the Nax sodium channelsIn addition we are identifying potassium channels and other ion channels in corneal epithelial cells and analyzing their possible role in proliferation and differentiation.
1997 Search Pew Fellows
- Juan Marcello Antonelli Anativia, Ph.D.
- Maria Isabel Nogueira Cano, Ph.D.
- María Fernanda Ceriani, Ph.D.
- Thalia Fernandez, Ph.D.
- Refugio García-Villegas, Ph.D.
- Carlos Henrique Inacio Ramos, Ph.D.
- Enrique Alejandro Reynaud Garza, Ph.D.
- Vanessa Sperandio, Ph.D.
- Erica Werner, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth Sumi Yamada, M.D., Ph.D.