- Principal Investigator
- Behavioral Genetics Laboratory
- Leloir Institute
- Av. Patricias Argentinas 435
- Buenos Aires
- [email protected]
- Research field
- Neuroscience; Developmental Biology
- Award year
- Country of origin
- Mentor name
- Steve Kay, Ph.D.
Many physiological and behavioral processes are regulated by endogenous rhythms with a period close to 24 hours, known as circadian rhythms. The fly Drosophila melanogaster has been used to identify the molecules responsible for generating and maintaining these oscillations, which are conserved in mammals. In the laboratory we are interested in elucidating how neuronal circuits in the brain of the fly coordinate the rhythmic activity of the organism and at the same time using this knowledge to provide us with better insight into how neurons functions and survive.
1997 Search Pew Fellows
- Juan Marcello Antonelli Anativia, Ph.D.
- Maria Isabel Nogueira Cano, Ph.D.
- María Fernanda Ceriani, Ph.D.
- Thalia Fernandez, Ph.D.
- Refugio García-Villegas, Ph.D.
- Carlos Henrique Inacio Ramos, Ph.D.
- Enrique Alejandro Reynaud Garza, Ph.D.
- Vanessa Sperandio, Ph.D.
- Erica Werner, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth Sumi Yamada, M.D., Ph.D.