The application for the 2017 award has now closed. Details for the 2018 award process will be posted in spring 2017.
In May 2016, a letter of invitation and application instructions will be sent to the leaders and offices of sponsored research of the institutions invited to nominate a candidate for the 2017 class. Institutions are expected to complete a comprehensive internal selection process in order to identify and select one nominee.
- The office of sponsored research should distribute this invitation and award eligibility details to all investigators through a campus-wide email announcement or website posting.
- Interested applicants should submit pre-proposal material to an internal selection committee for consideration.
- To nominate a candidate, a member of the internal selection committee must complete an online survey describing the selection process used by the institution and submitting the name and contact information of the chosen applicant by July 15, 2016. Nominations of applicants to the program will not be considered after July 15, 2016.
- Once the Pew program office has received the completed survey and the name and contact information of the selected applicant, login information will be emailed directly to the selected applicant. The online application web site will open August 1, 2016, and the submission deadline is November 1, 2016. Nominees will gain access to the secure application portal, which includes detailed instructions and an applicant guide, on August 1, 2016, at http://apply.pewscholars.org.
- Every application will be reviewed by the program's National Advisory Committee. The committee will make recommendation to the board of directors of The Pew Charitable Trusts in April. Candidates will be notified by March 31 if they have been recommended to the Pew board. A public announcement of the award will be made in June. Grant agreements will be issued to the institutions of each year’s Pew dcholars in August of their award year.
Written or verbal critiques of unsuccessful applications are not provided.