Today is Election Day, and polling places are already open in many states in the Eastern timezone.
- Connecticut, Kentucky, Indiana, New Jersey, New York, and Virginia, had the earliest open polls of the day, beginning at 6 a.m.
- In Maine and New Hampshire, some polling locations open at 6 a.m., but voting times vary by local jurisdiction.
- In Vermont, where voting times also vary by local jurisdiction, polls are allowed to open as early as 5 a.m., but in 2014 no town chose to start voting prior to 6:30 a.m.
The Voting Information Project offers online, mobile, and texting tools that use official government data to help you find your polling location, voting times, facts about the races and measures on your ballot, and contact information of your local election officials:
- Visit the Voting Information Tool.
- Download the iOS mobile app or the Android app.
- Text “VOTE” to 69520.
Learn more about our new and free tools that make voting information more accessible.
And follow us on Twitter using #electiondata and get the latest data dispatches, research, and news by subscribing today.