Prince William County, VA, 2012 Election Analysis
Return to Election Data Dispatches.
Like its neighbor Fairfax County, Prince William County, VA, established a bipartisan task force to examine long lines faced by some of its voters at the polls during last November’s general election.
In a presentation to the task force by Kim Brace, a member of the task force and president of Election Data Services Inc., precinct-level data were examined to help clarify the scope of the problems.
The report found that of the county’s 77 precincts, which together had 254,649 voters registered:
- Eleven closed on time at 7 p.m.
- Thirty-four closed between 7 and 8 p.m.
- Twenty-two closed in the 8 p.m. hour.
- Ten were still open at 9 p.m.
- And by 10 p.m., voters were still casting ballots in three precincts, with the last vote cast at 10:45 p.m.
Overall, 9,373 votes or 6.1 percent of all ballots cast in the county, were recorded after 7 p.m.