The Pew Charitable Trusts sent a letter July 16 to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, offering comments on the Trump administration’s Blueprint to Lower Drug Prices and Reduce Out-of-Pocket Costs Request for Information (RFI).
Pew’s response to the RFI addresses the following topics:
- Federal program incentives.
- Drug pricing structures and incentives.
- Proposals to reform the Medicare Part B Competitive Acquisition Program.
- Price reporting requirements and incentive structures.
- Cost-shifting and cross-subsidization.
- Generic drug pricing and development.
- Pharmacy benefit managers and rebates.
- 340B Drug Pricing Program.
- Patient cost-sharing.