Stat: $764 billion. That’s how much the arts contribute to the U.S. economy each year.
Story: The creative process for artists can seem mysterious—what sparks an artist’s initial idea and how does that idea become reality? Host Dan LeDuc talks to Pew Arts Fellow, and Pulitzer Prize- and Grammy Award-winning classical composer Jennifer Higdon about her creative process, and also interviews Paula Marincola from the Pew Center for Arts & Heritage about supporting the arts.
- The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage Announces 2018 Grants for Philadelphia Artists, Organizations
- Grammy Awards go to Pew Fellow Jennifer Higdon and Center Grantees The Crossing and PRISM Quartet
- [Video] Pew Fellowships at 25: Jennifer Higdon Trailer
- Pew Fellowships in the Arts at 25
- Jennifer Higdon: Carefully Composed
- Civil War tragedy ‘Cold Mountain’ inspires opera