In early April 2023, a letter of invitation and application instructions will be sent to the leaders and offices of sponsored research of the institutions invited to nominate a candidate for the 2024 class. Institutions are expected to complete a limited submission competition in order to identify and select one nominee. For guidance on this process, please contact [email protected].
- The office of sponsored research should distribute this invitation and award eligibility details to all investigators through a campus wide email announcement or website posting.
- Interested applicants should submit pre-proposal material to an internal selection committee for consideration.
- To nominate a candidate, a member of the internal selection committee must complete an online survey from the Pew program office describing the selection process used by the institution and submit the name and contact information of the chosen applicant by May 17, 2023.
- Nominations of applicants to the program will not be considered after May 17, 2023.
- The Pew program office will email grant application portal login information and a detailed application guide directly to all nominated applicants by June 12, 2023. The online application website will open on June 12, 2023.
- For research administrators assisting an applicant, please send an email with your grant applicant cc’ed to [email protected] after June 12, 2023, to receive access to the portal. No requests will be accepted prior to this date.
- The application submission deadline is Sept. 7, 2023.
- Every application will be reviewed by the program's National Advisory Committee. The committee will make recommendations to the board of directors of The Pew Charitable Trusts in April 2024. Candidates will be notified in April if they have been recommended to the Pew board.
- A public announcement of the award will be made in June. Grant agreements will be issued to the grant hosting institution of each scholar in August of the award year.