The Pew Charitable Trusts offers a variety of RSS Feeds. If you would like to have information from the Trusts fed directly to your newsreader, sign up for an RSS Feed today.
How to Subscribe to a RSS Feed
Simply click on the orange RSS button to the left of the feed you would like, then copy and paste the URL of that page into your RSS newsreader. In you need further assistance with using RSS, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is RSS?
Some say that RSS stands for “Real Simple Syndication,” while others say that it signifies “Rich Site Summary.” Either way, it’s an easy way to access a great deal of information and saves time. An RSS feed contains headlines, summaries and links that are formatted in XML (eXtensible Markup Language) so that they may be read by a program that is on your local PC. Think of a RSS Feed as a “news wire” service which brings the news to you.
How do I use RSS?
The most common method to use RSS feeds is sign up for a Web-based News Reader, or you may choose to install an RSS reader, also known as a news aggregator, on your local PC. Visit Yahoo! for a listing of readers. Then, when you visit Web sites of interest, you can “subscribe” to their feeds. If you use the latest versions of FireFox or Internet Explorer, there are RSS Feed capabilities built into your browser.
How do I use a news aggregator?
Step One: Sign up for RSS Feeds
Once you have installed a news aggregator, you need to sign up for RSS feeds. Determine which feed you would like to add to your news aggregator, click on the orange RSS button to visit the feed page, then copy and paste the feed’s URL into your reader. Alternately, you can search for our feed with in your reader's search tool. When looking for our feed, you will find it by keying in our name – “The Pew Charitable Trusts.”
Step Two: Using Feed Data
Once you have signed up for an RSS feed, you'll see a number of links and descriptions from each feed. Just click on the link to see the full story, which will open a browser window (or another tab in your reader) and take you directly to that item posted on our site.
Does the Trusts collect information on RSS users?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE RSS FORMAT FEEDS OF THE PEW CHARITABLE TRUSTS
BY DOWNLOADING A RSS FEED (THE "SERVICE") FROM THE PEW CHARITABLE TRUSTS AND PEWTRUSTS.COM (HEREINAFTER “PCT”, “WE”, OR “OUR”), YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT"). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SERVICE. IF THESE TERMS ARE CONSIDERED AN OFFER, ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THESE TERMS.
PCT MAY MODIFY ANY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, AT ANY TIME AND IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, BY POSTING A CHANGE NOTICE OR A NEW AGREEMENT ON OUR SITE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF A CHANGE NOTICE OR NEW AGREEMENT ON OUR SITE WILL CONSTITUTE BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE.
1. PCT RSS feeds are intended solely for individual, personal, non-commercial use on a news aggregator or feed reader. Prior to the public display or republication of any RSS feed, including on a Web site, you must request and receive permission from PCT. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. PCT may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to any aspect or all of the Service at any time without liability. PCT reserves the right to modify the Service at any time within PCT's sole discretion. You acknowledge that the Service availability is subject to change at PCT's sole discretion.
3. The Service is protected by the copyright and trademark laws of the United States and international copyright treaties. As between the parties, title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Service, and any copies or portions thereof, shall remain in PCT, except where otherwise noted consistent with the PCT Copyright Policy available via PCT’s website. In addition, any additional programming or technology provided by PCT in connection with the delivery of the Service or otherwise shall remain the sole property of PCT, except where otherwise noted consistent with the PCT Copyright Policy, and no part thereof shall be deemed assigned or licensed to you. PCT shall retain all rights to the Service not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
4. Unless otherwise consented to by PCT, you may not, directly or indirectly: (a) sell, modify, translate, copy, publish, transmit, distribute or otherwise disseminate the Service or any portion thereof; or delete or fail to display any promotional taglines included in the Service; or (b) rent, lease, or otherwise transfer rights to the Service.
5. Through its free web site, PCT provides the article headlines, summaries and links back to full-text articles (collectively, the “Summaries”) at no charge and on an “as-is” basis and "as available" basis without warranty of any kind. PCT HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL PCT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF SERVICES, CONTENT OR RESULTS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DISABLING OF THE SERVICE RELATED TO NON-PAYMENT OF LICENSE FEES BY YOUR CLIENTS OR CUSTOMERS, , COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL PCT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, EVEN IF PCT SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR ANY REASON, THE LIABILITY OF THE PROVIDERS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. You hereby agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold PCT and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and licensors (collectively, the "Provider Parties") harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by you in connection with: (i) any use or alleged use of the Service through your account by any person, whether or not authorized by you; or (ii) any breach of your representations and warranties and other covenants under this Agreement. PCT reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with PCT's defense of such claim.
7. Unless otherwise agreed to by PCT, you may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying or removing all copies of the Service from your hard drives, networks, and other storage media. Unless otherwise agreed to by PCT, PCT may restrict, suspend or terminate the Service, this Agreement, the license granted herein, or your access to any aspect or all of the Service at any time without liability. You agree to destroy or return to PCT all copies of the Service and all Proprietary Information promptly upon learning of such Termination.
8. This Agreement represents the complete agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings between them, whether written or oral. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the internal laws and jurisdiction of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. You may not assign this Agreement, and any assignment by you shall be null and void. You shall be responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, if any, related to the performance of its obligations under this Agreement. Neither party will be liable for any failure to perform any obligation hereunder, or from any delay in the performance thereof, due to causes beyond its control, including industrial disputes of whatever nature, acts of God, public enemy, acts of government, failure of telecommunications, fire or other casualty.
9. PCT is not responsible for any costs or liability associated with making a connection (by any means) to the Internet, the Service or other online service, or network. You certify you are legally permitted to use the Service and access the Service, and if you are an individual, you are over 18 years of age. You take full responsibility for the selection and use of the Service and access of the content. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.