This report on underage drinking in the United States by the Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth at Georgetown University:
- summarizes the most recent data and other relevant research on underage drinking, with special focus on findings published in 2005;
- focuses and advances our current understanding of underage drinking;
- and seeks to prompt action to protect our children from underage drinking and its tragic consequences.
Specifically, this report examines:
- the scope and consequences of underage drinking in the United States;
- how youth get access to alcohol, and how this can be prevented;
- how alcohol appeals to youth, including the extent to which youth are exposed to, aware of and influenced by alcohol advertising;
- promising approaches to protect our youth.