Rutgers University Foundation
The National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) provides rigorous, relevant and impartial research focused on prekindergarten education. The research assesses the elements needed for high-quality preschool and shares these studies broadly to help inform the development of effective policies.
With this grant, NIEER would continue or initiate the following efforts:
- the third edition of the yearbook of state prekindergarten policy;
- state evaluations, which use an innovative methodology to determine the impact of each state’s preschool program on children’s readiness for kindergarten, and a long-term study to report the impact of one state’s preschool program on children’s math and literacy scores in first grade;
- specific projects, such as a report on the impact of prekindergarten on third-grade test scores, a benchmark of educational progress set by the No Child Left Behind Act; and
- research on states where the Trusts’ early education network is active.
- Legal Name:
- Rutgers University Foundation
- Project Name:
- National Institute for Early Education Research
- New Brunswick, NJ
- Award Date:
- Mar 14, 2007
To provide timely, objective research that informs the state and national public debate on advancing high-quality prekindergarten for all 3 and 4 year olds.
W. Steven Barnett Ph.D.
Director, National Institute for Early Education Research
Phone Number: 732-932-4350 x 238