Gerardo Rafael Arguello Astorga, Ph.D.
- Division of Molecular Biology
- Potosino Institute of Scientific and Technological Research
- Camino a la Presa San Jos� 2055
- Col. Lomas 4a. secci�n C.P. 78216
- San Luis Potosi
- Research Field
- Cell biology; virology; evolutionary biology
- Award Year
- Country Of Origin
- Mentor Name
- Linda Hanley-Bowdoin, Ph.D.
Currently my research group is working on the development of experimental methods for large-scale, rapid assessment of viral promoters that have biotechnological potential and new procedures for the identification and genomic characterization of geminiviruses. Also, we are actively exploring new theoretical approaches and experiments to study the evolution of DNA viruses, the evolutionary variation of complex units of regulation of eukaryotic promoters, and new strategies to confer resistance to viral diseases to agriculturally important plants through genetic engineering.