Thalia Fernandez, Ph.D.
- Department of Behavioral and Cognitive Neurobiology
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Campus UNAM-UAQ Juriquilla
- Km 15 carretera Qro-SLP
- Research Field
- Award Year
- Country Of Origin
- Mentor Name
- Steven A. Hillyard, Ph.D.
Neurofeedback (NFB) is an operant conditioning procedure, whereby an individual can learn to modify the electrical activity of his or her own brain. We are primarily interested in developing effective methods of NFB and the exploration of neurobiological bases of this treatment. We have applied NFB to children with Learning Disorder and excess theta / alpha in the EEG, children with learning disorders and epileptiform EEG activity, children with mild mental retardation, children with Attention Deficit Disorder and adults over 60 EEG-year risk of cognitive impairment.
Psychophysiology Within the extensive branch of Psychophysiology, we are particularly interested in the Psychophysiology of the effects of Neurofeedback, and Psychophysiology of cognitive activity.
- Juan Marcello Antonelli Anativia, Ph.D.
- Maria Isabel Nogueira Cano, Ph.D.
- María Fernanda Ceriani, Ph.D.
- Thalia Fernandez, Ph.D.
- Refugio García-Villegas, Ph.D.
- Carlos Henrique Inacio Ramos, Ph.D.
- Enrique Alejandro Reynaud Garza, Ph.D.
- Vanessa Sperandio, Ph.D.
- Erica Werner, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth Sumi Yamada, M.D., Ph.D.