Carlos Henrique Inacio Ramos, Ph.D.
- Department of Organic Chemistry
- University of Campinas
- Instituto de Química UNICAMP
- Caixa Postal 6154
- +55 19 35213096
- Research Field
- Award Year
- Country Of Origin
- Mentor Name
- Robert L. Baldwin, Ph.D.
Comprehension of the forces involved in the conversion of a polypeptide chain into a correctly folded structure and in protein stability has biotechnology and medical importance. Advances in molecular biology and peptide analysis open the possibility of designing new proteins. Understanding the molecular nature of the partial folding and aggregation processes of some proteins that tend to form the so-called amyloid deposits (such as in Alzheimer’s diseases) is essential in devising treatments. The main themes my lab is currently investigating include:
. Folding and stability of globin
. Structure and function of molecular chaperones
. Incorrect folding and conformational diseases
. Physicochemical characterization of proteins
- Juan Marcello Antonelli Anativia, Ph.D.
- Maria Isabel Nogueira Cano, Ph.D.
- María Fernanda Ceriani, Ph.D.
- Thalia Fernandez, Ph.D.
- Refugio García-Villegas, Ph.D.
- Carlos Henrique Inacio Ramos, Ph.D.
- Enrique Alejandro Reynaud Garza, Ph.D.
- Vanessa Sperandio, Ph.D.
- Erica Werner, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth Sumi Yamada, M.D., Ph.D.