Elena Alvarez-Buylla, Ph.D.
- Professor, Head of Department
- Department of Functional Ecology
- National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Instituto de Ecologia, UNAM
- AP Postal 70-275
- Mexico City
- Research Field
- Developmental Biology; Evolutionary Biology
- Award Year
- Country Of Origin
- Mentor Name
- Martin Yanofsky, Ph.D.
We study molecular genetics and evolution of plant development. We combine evolutionary studies with comparative analyses of key genes required for plant development in species with contrasting morphologies. We are also performing functional studies of genes involved in plant development and are taking theoretical approaches using computational tools or formulae for the integration of all of the data.