Voting Information Tools
The Voting Information Project (VIP) offers cutting-edge apps and tools that give voters access to the information they need to cast a ballot on or before Election Day. Users and interested organizations can choose from several free products that provide polling place locations and ballot information for all elections for which states have provided their data, across a range of technology platforms:
About VIP Tools
- Free white-label Android and iOS mobile apps can be customized, branded, and released by state and local governments or third-party organizations. Voters can download an app to view ballot and polling place information in multiple languages or via text-to-speech functionality. Kansas was the first state to brand and release its own version of one of the apps—VoteKansas.
- A mobile-optimized voting information tool that can be customized, branded, and embedded on a website by any interested government or organization offers official polling place and ballot information, as well as other resources. The tool is available in 10 languages. To embed it, please use this code:
How VIP Works
- Election officials across the nation work with VIP to ensure that the information provided through the project is official and reliable.
- Voters in every state and the District of Columbia can access VIP data through search engines, social media, mobile apps, and online news sites to get reliable, up-to-date answers to their voting questions.
- Media, civic organizations, and candidates can place VIP tools on their websites to inform the public and encourage participation. In 2012, more than 600 sites used VIP, drawing 25 million look-ups. In 2014, VIP’s data drew more than 31 million look-ups.
- Technology innovators can develop new applications, such as embeddable tools and mobile device applications, to increase voter engagement through the Google Civic Information API.
For more information about VIP and its tools, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Election Data Dispatches
Data, research, and analysis about election administration.