Although our projects vary in scale and scope, Pew maintains a consistent investment philosophy for all of our work—an approach driven by our history and values. Current and emerging issues are identified through a rigorous selection process, and are moved forward only when there is:
- A clear need for action
- Solid evidence about the primary cause of the problem
- At least one feasible option for addressing the issue
- A willingness by important constituencies to act
- A way for Pew to add unique value, and
- A reasonable opportunity for meaningful and tangible progress.
Whether our work is local, state-based or global, we utilize a pragmatic, fact-based, and disciplined approach to addressing causes that serve the public good.