Early Voting in Battleground States
Earlier today, we provided an update on the millions of voters across the country who cast their ballots before Election Day. A look at data from certain battleground states finds significant use of early voting both by mail and in person (Note: these numbers are not final):
- In Colorado, 1,872,987 voters cast early ballots, more than half of the state’s approximately 3.6 million registered voters.
- In Florida, 4,469,393 have already voted, more than 35 percent of the state’s roughly 12 million registered voters.
- In Iowa, 640,248 ballots have been already been cast, nearly 30 percent of the state’s 2.15 million registered voters.
- In Nevada, 701,845–almost half–of the state’s 1.5 million registered voters cast ballots early.
- In North Carolina, 2,757,558 or more than 40 percent, of the state’s approximately 6.6 million registered voters have already voted.
- In Ohio 1,622,272 people, more than 20 percent of the state’s approximately 7.9 million registered voters, cast ballots early.